Inquiry Post 7

 Final Reflection

What I Learned:

This process has been beneficial for me. I was able to reflect on what I knew ( the different styles of teaching in art education with a more concentrated view on how I would apply these different approaches in my classroom. Although before this project, I only knew these different approaches vaguely, now I feel like I learned more about how these approaches differ from one another and how they change the dynamic of the classroom in terms of focuses and where emphasis is put.

In this project I gathered different materials that would support students to draw/ and become more interested in drawing based on their motivations. This portion of the project was very interesting for me because I found that my text set was complied of very different types of texts and materials.

This same idea continued to be true in the resources that I explored and provided for teachers. I think that it was really interesting to see that art education is becoming a prevalent content area to practice interdisciplinary teaching. 

After exploring all of the teaching styles (DBAE, VCAE, TAB) there is the ability for overlap. In my Post 6, I gave very vague ideas about how I could create bridges to different subject areas.What I found was that there is some opportunity for overlap of the different teaching styles. Ultimately, I think that using these teaching styles in combination with each other is going to be the most comprehensive way to teach to students' many interests.

In terms of continuing this research, I would like to look in to Post Modern Art Education further. I wonder if there is enough research to support the pedagogy that this approach is beginning to explore.

Questions: 

Is this approach (post modern art ed) explored and organized enough to implement now? Can I implement pieces of it now?

Is using a combination of the developed styles (DBAE, VCAE, TAB) better in terms of giving students a comprehensive education?


Comments

  1. Keep collaborating and decompartmentalizing the natural place of art in each discipline. Think of it as a natural tendency. Hopefully you will be able to collaborate and co-teach with others in making this happen!

    Appreciatively,

    Frances

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts